- Latest Addition to Popular Line of ‘Internet Offload’ Ethernet Chips
- Hardware TCP/IP Performance and Ease of Use to Low-Cost ‘IoT’ Applications
- High Speed SPI and Parallel System Bus for Host Interface
W5100S is a Hardwired TCP/IP embedded Ethernet Controller that enables easier Internet Connection for embedded Systems using SPI(Serial Peripheral Interface) and Parallel System
W5100S suits users in need of stable Internet Connectivity Best, using a single chip to implement TCP/IP Stack, 10/100 Ethernet MAC and PHY. Hardwired TCP/IP stack supports TCP, UDP, IPv4, ICMP, ARP, IGMP, and PPPoE, …, which has been proven through various Applications over many years. W5100S uses a 16bytes Internal Buffer as its Data Communication Memory.
By using W5100S, users can implement the Ethernet Application they need by using a simple SOCKET Program instead of handling a complex Ethernet Controller.
It is possible to use 4 Independent Hardware SOCKET simultaneously. BUS (Indirect) & SPI (Serial Peripheral Interface) are provided for easy integration with the external MCU.
The W5100S SPI supports 70 MHz speed and the new efficient SPI Protocol, so users can implement High Speed Network Communication. In order to reduce Power Consumption of the System, W5100S provides WOL (Wake on LAN) and Power Down Mode.
- Support Hardwired Internet protocols : TCP, UDP, WOL over UDP, ICMP, IGMPv1/v2, IPv4, ARP, PPPoE
- Support 4 independent SOCKETs simultaneously
- Support SOCKET-less command : ARP-Request, PING-Request
- Support Ethernet Power Down Mode & Main Clock gating for power save
- Support Wake on LAN over UDP
- Support Serial & Parallel Host Interface : High Speed SPI(MODE 0/3), Parallel System Bus with 2 Address signal & 8bit Data
- Internal 16Kbytes Memory for TX/ RX Buffer
- 10BaseT/100BaseTX Ethernet PHY Integrated
- Support Auto Negotiation (Full Half Duplex, 10 100-based )
- Support Auto-MDIX only when Auto-Negotiation mode
- 3V operation with 5V I/O signal tolerance
- Network Indicator LEDs (Full/Half Duplex, Link, 10/100 Speed, Active)
- 48 Pin LQFP & QFN Lead-Free Package (7x7mm, 0.5mm pitch)